The Dark Perspective

Giving you social commentry with a twist of comedy, reviews and downloads. Its commentry about the things that I come across in my life. We all take different journeys in life and this is my journey.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Groping

Yesterday I read an article in there paper that claimed that a large percentage of girls under 14yrs old (I believe the percentage was around 44%) had been groped and grabbed. This article worries me for several reasons:
Firstly why did the article only take up only a post it note column in the news paper? Shouldn't we all be worried about these incident where young girls are being in appropriately fondled. Shouldn't we be trying to raise the profile of this issue?
Secondly what is it in our society that makes it now acceptable or more acceptable than before if you prefer that men or boys can go around folding girls or women? One quick search on google for incidents of groping and you get over 3 million hits. Surely it cant be just down to the fact that nowadays we are reporting more incidents. We need to highlight this issue in our schools that such behaviour is unacceptable and get parents to be more responsible. Then again if the parents are kids themselves.....
Thirdly we cant lay all the blame on men and boys. Yes they have a responsibility to keep their hands to themselves and not act on their animal instincts but girls and women also need to be responsible for their own actions. If you decide to wear a low cut top with half of your breasts hanging out then don't complain when you have all the men in a packed commuter train peering down you chest. A friend of mine once said to me "But I shouldn't have to watch what I wear, I wear what I want to wear and that makes me feel good". Yeah fine I look good in a hoodie but I wont wear on out at night to go jogging because I'll probably end up in jail fitting some description of an attacker.
It isn't only the Japanese that have a groping issue within their culture it is world wide. See example from US and an article from the kind bots at rotten.

So the lesson here is for us all boys, girls, men and women to be responsible for our actions. For us to weigh up the repercussions of our actions before we do them. And let us raise the issue to our children so that they can understand that groping is unacceptable even if celebrities and rich folk think it is okay.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Fri Jul 21, 02:59:00 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home