The Dark Perspective

Giving you social commentry with a twist of comedy, reviews and downloads. Its commentry about the things that I come across in my life. We all take different journeys in life and this is my journey.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Growing Older

When I was younger in my teens there was nothing I wanted more than to grow older. To get to that magic 18 when you where an adult, could vote and buy alcohol. To get to 21 when more doors were opened for you. After that you realise there are no more happy doors to go through. There is 30 when women start realising that time is running out for making babies. 40 when men start their mid life crisis and buy the two seater sport car and then 50 which is a major mile stone and one to start going on cruises.

If like me you are way past the 21 but not yet in a mid life crisis, the news this week would have made things even gloomier. The documentary on the treatment of old people on Monday sent shock waves down my spine. Standards in care homes are falling, Care is getting more expensive and choices are becoming limited. What’s going to happen when I retire and need care? Already I know my pension ( See pension strike 28/03/06 here) would be pittance because one just can't afford to save more when student loans and credit card debts are calling now and household bills are rising at shocking rates. So I’m a left thinking I got to do something about it or else I will find myself later in life in a care home suffering from abuse and neglect wondering how did I get here?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Dez,
Experience is the greatest teacher and without age.. we wouldn't have experience..

Fri Mar 31, 03:05:00 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home