The Dark Perspective

Giving you social commentry with a twist of comedy, reviews and downloads. Its commentry about the things that I come across in my life. We all take different journeys in life and this is my journey.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

WELCOME

Welcome to the Dark Perspective.


What is this blog about?

It is a social commentary about the things in life that I come across. In life we all take different journeys which may or may not cross at some time and I feel I’d like to share my journey with others. Also I feel that my perspective or take on life is slightly different and may interest some people. I want this blog to be interactive such that if someone gets my point they can write in and say so and if they disagree they can write in too. That way I may see another perspective and maybe change mine…who knows?

Why this blog?

I feel that this blog gives you personal perspective that you can’t get anywhere else.

A few things from the papers this week

Friday’s Headline in the Metro: US launches largest air assault on Iraq since the start of war. The article goes on to say that there were troops from 7 brigades, 200 tactical vehicles, more than 50 helicopters and around 1500 troops. The result? More than 40 people captured, non of which were “high value targets”. Definitely a show of force. I can’t help feeling that had Bush called Jack Bauer to sort this out by now he would have several high ranking Al’Qaeda suspects in custody and still had another 10 hours till the end of the day.

Soul Singer Isaac Hayes is to stop providing the voice of Chef in South Park. Apparently My Hayes objected to the “inappropriate ridicule” of scientology the church to which he belongs. Now correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t South Park the show that takes a no holds barred attitude to ridiculing anything society has to offer from George bush to Mormons? Yet Mr Hayes objects to when his church get gets blasted. Some how this smells of double standards. Shame on you Isaac.

Download
I came across this small gem from the lifehacker website.
Lifehacker recommends downloads, web sites and shortcuts that actually save time. I admit the website has a geeky feel and for those of you not really bothered exploring then go straight to the download.
The gem is a small program called Desk task and works with Outlook to pick up all the appointments for your week and display it on the desktop. If like me you don't use outlook for your email and but use the calender for birthdays, payday or payment alerts or its to-do list then having them all displayed on your desktop is brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home